Saturday, April 21, 2007

2006 Château de Ségriès Rosé, Tavel, France

2006 Château de Ségriès Rosé
Tavel, France

I’d advise any pastry chef to walk around a serene forest with this open bottle of Tavel, and a mint sprig. For inspiration- when thier culinary repertoire runs a little dry and all they can think of making is something boring and vanilla- but with vanillan. With it’s bright scent of rasberries, cream, and roses, it’d be enough to make me run home and whip up a tub of like artisan ice cream. Ici Ice Cream Shop, can you hear me? But before hitting my hand-cranked ice cream machine, I’d enjoy a glass or two of this Rosé in the same forest in which I was inspired, with a picnic lunch. Absolutely dry, Ségriés bright acidity can hold a candle to pâte maison on a red-checkered blanket.

No comments: